affectionately known as "Cliff the Barber" to many Southside residents,
passed away following a brief illness on July 31, 2007. Cliff, a World
War II veteran, began his business in downtown Indianapolis in 1946
after perfecting the art of cutting hair in the Army (for the grand sum
of 25 cents per head!) He was always proud that he spent over 60 years
in the same shop doing exactly what he loved to do. Cliff was somewhat
of a local hero to local residents because of his willingness to help
them with their small personal problems or loan them a few dollars to
get by. His loyal customers loved and respected him and he responded to
them with care and concern. He often referred to his beloved shop as
his "second lover". Cliff is survived by his wife of 61 years, Mae, his
sons Phil and Mark, and Mark’s wife, Maria. Services will be Aug. 2,
2007, 1 p.m. at G.H. Herrmann Madison Ave, 5141 Madison Ave. Visitation
will be Wed Aug. 1, 2007 from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. at the funeral home.
Memorial Contributions may be made to St. Francis Hospital, Heart Dept.
Cliff will be laid to rest at Forest Lawn Memory Gardens.
The Indianapolis Star – Online
1 Aug 2007